Homeowners of the City of Sheridan may be eligible to receive grants of up to $3,500.00 for Mobile Homes and $5000.00 for Single Family Homes to address health and safety issues through the Minor Home Repair Program. Applications will be processed on a FIRST COME,
FIRST SERVED BASIS based on the date ALL of the required application information is received by Brothers Redevelopment, Inc.
Initial Eligibility Requirements:
- You must own your own home and live it
- Home must be located within the City of Sheridan
- Household income cannot exceed 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI) - See Chart.
- Real Property or a mobile home being personal property is eligible
- The property is free and clear of property tax liens
- The household is current on all City utility or tax payments
- Home must have current property insurance
- Must be a legal resident of the U. S. and able to verify legal status with an original form of ID. Acceptable forms of ID are Colorado's Driver's License, A Colorado State ID Card, a US Military Card or dependent's military card, a US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card, or a Native American Tribal Document. A copy is not acceptable.
Documentation Required with Application
- Copy of two (2) months of current (consecutive) pay stubs for all members of the household over the age of 18 years old including students.
- If you receive Social Security (SSI or SSD), attach Social Security Benefit Adjustment Letter for current year or other proof of benefit receipt.
- If you receive a pension(s), attach 1099 Form from pension provider(s) for the last year.
- If you receive alimony attach verification of your alimony in the form of a separation agreement or court order.
2. Copy of two (2) most current Bank Statements (if unemployed or self- employed)
3. Copy of one (1) of the most current Federal Income Tax with W-2's for each member of the household over the age of 18. If you do not file Federal Income Tax forms due to receipt of SSI or SSDI, please note this on the application.
4. Copy of Property Insurance
5. Signed and dated Verification of Lawful Presence to receive Public Benefits. Attach copy of the Driver's License or other valid form of identification as required.
6. Deed or Title to property