Election Results 2021
Unofficial results of the Election
- Mayor – Tara Beiter-Fluhr
- Ward 1 – Desiree Stange (2-year term)
- Ward 1 – Don Smith (4-year term)
- Ward 2 – Jay Whittaker
- Ward 3 – Terrance Kelly
You can follow the elections results page starting at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 2 from Arapahoe County here.
- Results will be updated again at 8:30, 10 and 11:30 p.m. then at 12, 2 and 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 3.
- From Nov. 4 to Nov. 10, unofficial results will be updated once daily at 4 p.m. as ballots are cured and UOCAVA ballots received.
- Final Unofficial Results will be posted by 4 p.m. Friday, Nov. 12 (no updates on the Nov. 11 holiday).
Municipal Election 2021 Updates
CANDIDATE PACKETS WILL BE AVAILABLE
AUGUST 3, 2021
Sheridan General Municipal Election
November 2, 2021
Sheridan Residents will be electing FIVE Council seats at the upcoming 2021 election. Offices to be filled are the Mayor and FOUR City Council seats, two from Ward 1, and one each from Wards 2 and 3. Are you interested in serving your community and getting your voice heard? Visit the City Clerk’s office, beginning August 3rd, 2021, to pick up your candidate packet!
Candidate packets will be available beginning August 3, 2021, for those residents interested in running for either Mayor or City Council. The election will be held on November 2, 2021, and will be a coordinated mail-ballot election with Arapahoe County. Ballots will be sent to every registered voter beginning October 11, 2021.
Each candidate for Mayor must be nominated by petitions signed by at least 25 registered electors residing within the City of Sheridan.
Each candidate for City Council must be nominated by petitions signed by at least 25 registered electors residing within the Ward from which the candidate is to be elected.
Only petition forms obtained from the City Clerk’s office may be circulated and may only be circulated from August 3rd to August 23rd.
Candidates must, at the time of the election, meet the following criteria:
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- For the Mayoral seat, the candidate must be a registered elector of the City of Sheridan and must have resided in the City of Sheridan for a period of at least 12 months immediately preceding the election.
- For the City Council seats, each candidate must have resided in his/her respective Ward for a period of at least 12 months immediately preceding the election. Elected officials must continue to live within the ward from which they were elected throughout their term of office.
- Must not have been convicted of a felony or abuse of public office.
- No person who is an employee of the City of Sheridan may serve as Mayor or Council member. Any employee who runs for Mayor or Council member shall be deemed to have resigned from the position of City employee on the date of certification of his/her election to such office.
Anyone interested in running for office, please contact the Sheridan City Clerk (303-438-3306) for further information.
To register to vote, you must be:
- 18 years of age by the next election day
- A citizen of the United States
- A resident at your present address for at least 30 days prior to the election
You can register to vote at two locations:
General Government Window
Sheridan Municipal Center
4101 S. Federal Boulevard
Sheridan, CO 80110
Arapahoe County Clerk's Office
5334 S. Prince St.
Littleton, CO 80165
Arapahoe County Clerk's Office Website
You can also register to vote online.
Municipal elections are administered by the city clerk under the provisions of the Charter, the Municipal Code of the City of Sheridan, and Colorado election laws. City elections are non-partisan.
Regular municipal elections for the mayor and City Council are held in November in odd-numbered years. The mayor is elected for a four-year term. City council members are elected for four-year staggered terms.
Special municipal elections may be held as needed for initiatives, referenda, and recall elections. To receive information on the requirements and procedures to become a candidate for mayor or City Council, contact City Clerk Jenna DiRubbo at (303) 438-3306.
General elections, in which national, state, district, and county officials are elected, are held in November of even-numbered years. Information pertaining to general elections is available from the Arapahoe County Clerk.