In January 2023, the City of Sheridan hired a part-time Sustainability Coordinator. Throughout this first year, the Sustainability Coordinator’s main role will be to coordinate community and city staff conversation and planning to create a sustainability plan for the city. This plan will serve as the guiding document for sustainability work with the city in the years to come.
Below is a rough estimate of the Sustainability Planning Process for the city this year:
Check back on this web page for updates regarding sustainability at the city.
Waste & Recycling
- Republic Services: Recycling within the City of Sheridan is free! If you haven’t signed up already, fill out this form here.
- A1 Organics: Dates: 10/30/23 – 11/10/23
Open Times: Monday – Friday (7am – 4pm), Saturday, Nov 4th ONLY (8am – 1pm)
- $6 per vehicle per visit for leaf recycling only (includes large trucks and trailers, loose leaves and bagged leaves).
- Residents must provide proof of Residency by Driver’s License or Utility Bill
- Credit Card or Cash ONLY – No Personal Checks
- Last loads into the site will be 30 minutes before site closes to ensure time to get customers in line through the site.
- Any loads with other yard waste (limbs, branches, grass, and soils) will pay normal tip rate. ($13 a cubic yard)
- All plastic bags must be emptied and removed by customer.
- Brown Craft Bags are acceptable as long as they are not co-mingled with branches. NO TAPE, TWINE, PLASTICS (see attached instructions)
- Arapahoe Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP) - Receive a free professional audit of your home to determine what energy-conserving updates or installations will keep you cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter and lower your utility bills. For qualifying low-income households in Arapahoe County.
- GRID Alternatives: Your home could qualify for completely free solar. GRID Alternatives provides low-income homeowners with free solar for homes that meet their eligibility requirements. For more information, reach out to Chelsea Gaines at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to verify the legitimacy of this program, feel free to contact Jeremy Fink of Arapahoe County at email@example.com.
- Tree canopy program - As part of the City's goals and initiatives to increase the community's tree canopy, the city will be offering trees to residents at a low cost in the Spring of 2023.
Air QualityLove My Air program works to improve outdoor air quality by increasing air pollution awareness and expanding air quality monitoring.
Provide Your Feedback
The City of Sheridan is currently requesting feedback from residents around what they would like to see reflected in the city’s first ever Sustainability Plan. Provide your feedback by April 9th.
Resident Survey – City of Sheridan Sustainability Plan
Encuesta para Residentes: Plan de Sostenibilidad de la Ciudad de Sheridan Survey