Street Replacement


Streets are replaced on an as-needed basis and as funding becomes available. This would include:

  • Asphalt replacement
  • Curbs
  • Gutters
  • Sideways
  • Sub-grade

Project Funding

Funding for street replacements comes from the County Development Block Grant (CDBG) program, which is granted on a year-to-year basis. This grant addresses American with Disabilities Act (ADA) issues as a part of street replacements. City funds are also used when available and are budgeted along with other city priorities.

Street Replacement Requests

Property owners have the ability to request a street replacement through a Street Improvement District. This requires the property owners to complete a petition process. The property owners are responsible for the cost of the street replacement and which can be paid at one time or paid over time as a part of their property taxes. The city may opt to fund part of an improvement district, but is under no obligation to do so.

Additional Information

Further information about street replacement within the City of Sheridan may be received by calling the Public Works Department at 303-738-1098.