|Exploring Career Opportunities
The Boy Scouts of America, in partnership with Learning for Life, sponsors law enforcement exploring for young men and women. Through the program, participants are given an opportunity to
explore and discover career opportunities available to them in the law enforcement profession.
Explorer Post 2129
The Sheridan Police Department sponsors Explorer Post 2129. Several of our current full-time officers started in our Explorer Program and
are still active in training and assisting our current post members.
- Be between the ages of 14 and 21 (if you are under 18, you must get a parent's consent to participate)
- Have a valid Colorado Driver's License or a Colorado ID
- Have no felony criminal chargers
Initially, a new Sheridan Explorer attends the Department's in-service training. Several of our officers teach and train you in such areas as:
- Arrest techniques
- Community policing strategies
- Crime scene investigations
- Criminal law
- Officer safety
- Traffic accident investigations
- Traffic control
You will also be encouraged to participate in ride-a-longs with officers during their shifts.
To begin exploring, pick up an application at the Sheridan Police Department. For more information, contact Sergeant Ostby