Sheridan is celebrating our city clerks during Municipal Clerks Week, May 2-8! Our clerks are the backbone of government administration, and we rely on their vital services in serving the needs of their communities.
Thank you, Arlene Sagee, City Clerk and Jenna DiRubbo, Deputy City Clerk, for all that you do for us and the citizens of Sheridan!
TYPICAL RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE MUNICIPAL AND DEPUTY CLERK:
• Maintains the official council minutes, ordinance books and all records and documents.
• Indexes all official actions of council.
• Issues licenses and permits.
• Processes contracts and agreements.
• Keepers of community history and vital records.
• Receives, distributes and files correspondence from citizens and other governmental agencies.
• Administers elections, registration and voting.
• Acts as a key liaison between local government and its citizens.
• Handles significant financial responsibilities including preparation of tax rolls, special assessments and budgets.
• Provides central services such as personnel, purchasing, etc.
The 52nd Annual Professional Municipal Clerks Week is sponsored by the International Institute of Municipal Clerks. In 1984 and in 1994, Presidents Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton, respectively, signed a Proclamation officially declaring Professional Municipal Clerks Week the first full week of May and recognizing the essential role Municipal Clerks play in local government.